SASI Centralized Intake
In an effort to process our patients efficiently and effectively, Specialized Assistance Services has centralized its point of intake, using the computerized Addictions Severity Index (ASI) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Patient Placement Criteria II. All patients are assessed and placed in the corresponding levels of treatment according to the ASAM PPCII. Patients that demonstrate a need for additional services outside of the normal treatment criteria will receive case management services as an adjunct to treatment. Patients can also receive independent DUI assessments, mental health assessments, and urine analysis. Specialized Assistance Services is currently in the process of computerizing all of its clinical services, which is due for completion at the end of the calendar year.
The average daily population of patients receiving services is seven hundred. Specialized Assistance Services serves an annual population of 1,465 patients of whom approximately two hundred are involved in the Criminal Justice System.
The following items must be presented prior to your assessment interview:
- Social Security Card OR a Printout from the Social Security Office
- Picture Identification Card from the following group: Illinois Driver’s License or Illinois State Identification Card.
- Current Medical Card OR your third party medical insurance card, if applicable.
- Grant Income information related to SSI, Public Assistance, Unemployment Insurance, Food Stamps, etc., if applicable. This information, in the form of your award letter(s), can be obtained from your caseworker. Also acceptable is a copy of your particular grant check.
- Employment Income information in the form of your most recent check stub, W-2 form or letter from employer.
- All patients are assessed a co-pay, ranging from $ 8:00 to $15.00 depending on your verified income.
- Verification by another adult of addiction to opiates (Heroin, Karachi, Codeine, etc.).
- Medical verification of pregnancy AND of prenatal care as applicable.